Bluetooth Optical Probe OP-730
The OP-730 Optical Probe is an interface that communicates via infrared waves with a peripheral device such as an electricity meter, water meter, heat meter, gas meter or any other device that has an optical port on it. It incorporates a small housing design that makes it rugged with its Aluminum and Polycarbonate filter material. All devices that support the European standard IEC62056-21 (IEC 1107) Mode E & C and IEC62056-31 will work with this product. In addition, it has the capability to send settings for data transmission with all types of IEC meters in transparent mode.
OP-730 has a Bluetooth connection interface, which is suitable for tablets and mobile phones and all devices with a Bluetooth connection availability. It is compatible with Windows and Android operating systems. It derives power from the internal rechargeable battery, so there is no need for external battery pack or AC adapter. OP-730 benefits from a very strong magnet that firmly attaches the optical probe to the meter and also has resistance to external light influences other than the infrared wavelength. Installation and configuration instructions are included with the probe.
- Ergonomic & User-friendly Housing Design
- Powerful Magnet
- Optical Filter
- IEC 62056-21 (1107) Mode E & C Standard Compliant
- IEC62056-31 Standard Compliant
- Smart baudrate change in mode E and C
- Transparent mode with selective frame and baudrate
- High-capacity built-in rechargeable battery
- Utilizing latest technology USB type C port for communication with PC and charging
- LED indicator lights
Ergonomic & User-friendly Housing Design
The housing is designed to be fit in the hand of the user easily and the material used makes it strong and also light weight. It is resistant against surface wear off in long term usages that is caused by using the optical head on the meters and devices with optical port installed on them.
Good material not always brings good hardness. The housing shape can have tremendous effect on the hardness of the probe. We have designed the optical probes to withstand falling from one meter height, in case it slips from user’s hand.
The head contains a powerful magnet on under the surface in which the probe is attached to the optical port, that causes the probe to stick to the optical port and not easily removed, in order to secure connection to the device and let the user work without needing to hold the probe in position with one hand.
Warning: due to strong magnetic force of the magnet used in the probe, please do not store it beside electronic equipment, because it can damage these devices in long time storage. It also causes malfunction in any storage device like hard drives, solid-state memories (flash memories, SSD drives and etc.), RAM storages and etc.
In order to be able to communicate between the two devices through optical port, certain wavelength must be used. The wavelength used must be in the range of 880 nm infrared light that is not visible to the human eye. The light filter used in this optical probe filters all ambient light, preventing any disruption to probe communication, thus providing stable and efficient communication between two devices.
- Dimensions: Diameter 32mm, Height 64.5mm
- Connector: USB standard “C” plug
- Infrared filter: Against external light influences
- ON/OFF switch
- Weight: Complete assembly weighs a maximum of 87gr
- Casing material: Aluminum, Infrared filter Polycarbonate
- Compatibility: IEC 62056-21 (1107) Mode C & E standard
- Compatibility: IEC62056-31 standard
- DLMS/Cosem Auto Detection
- Data Rate: from 300 to 19200 bit/s
- Communication: Half duplex
- Optical: 880nm bi-directional IR interface
- Echo filter: Yes
- Operating Temperature: -10°C to +65°C
- Storage Temperature: -40°C to +85°C
- Rugged: Meets the requirements of a numbers of tests including those for Thermal Shock, Humidity, RF Susceptibility, ESD, Drop, Random Vibration, Solar Radiation, Salt, Fog and Low Pressure.
- Ability to update Firmware via USB
- 3 LEDs for displaying battery charge level
- LED display for pair status, send and receive data
- USB Type C port for:
- Firmware updating
- Bluetooth 3.0 + EDR, Class 1 (Typical 7.5 dBm)
- Bluetooth Maximum range: 10 m
Battery and Power supply
- Built-in battery: Li-ion 3.7 V, 650 mAh
- Internal current (idle): 18mA
- Maximum current: 30mA
- Standby (idle): 30 Hours
- Continues working time: 18 Hours
- Charging: 5 VDC, via USB port
- Battery charger with USB cable